Sunday, May 15, 2011

Rules to Creating a Blog


I know many people have a fear of Blogging and what to do first.  Take that leap of faith and get started by setting up your Blogger account at Blogger.com.  Blogging can be used for many forms of communication from personal and commercial use.  In your personal life you can communicate up and coming activities and memorable events with videos, links and pictures.  In the business world you can use a Blob to advertise your product or service at either no cost or low cost.
“Blogging, like exercise, gets easier with practice” says Jeff Atwood. I am going to set aside a specific time every couple of days to sit down and update my blog just like I have a specific times and dates I workout.  
 Blogging Tips From an Expert Blogger by Paul Richloysky and Jim Kukral

“Perfectionism kills good habits” says Chris Brogan.  I am very self-conscious and strive for perfection.  Chris Brogan suggests a scratch blog but I am typing everything into a word processor first and then I will copy and paste my information into the Blog.  Once I become more familiar ...
I will type directly into Blogger.  I know I can go back and edit my work but I don’t like having people go back and comment that I misspelled someone or made a mistake.  It’s that “Perfectionism” thing.


“Write in the same manor as you speak” says .  I am a technical writer so I find myself making lists.  In between Blogs I will make lists as to topics I would like to discuss.
Finally my list of rules I have aquired from the readings.
  • Write often
  • Read and comment on other blogs often
  • Do not stress about being a perfectionist
  • Practice, Practice, Practice

No comments:

Post a Comment