Thursday, June 23, 2011

Movie Critique: Remember Me Written by Allen Coulter

Many shot techniques were used in making this movie. One of his most dynamic shots is the use of an extreme wide angle. Some of the other shots Coulter uses in the movie are low angel, close-up, two person, over the shoulder and a set of window shots. Some window shots are from the outside looking in and others are the inside looking out. Coulter often uses the rules of threes; with characters and occurrences of events.

I watched this movie twice and found significant details that I missed. One thing I noticed is that the movie ended with the same scene as the movie started but with different context. I would highly recommend this movie to anyone over the age of 13. My children actually sat through the movie after missing the first half hour. After the movie was over they had me go back and so they could watch the beginning. They are 11 and 12 years old.

No comments:

Post a Comment